Monday, August 30, 2010

Asking Questions--Ananias and Sapphira

I am a volunteer writer for the website GotQuestions. People who come to that website can browse a huge data base of already asked and answered questions or they can submit a question which is assigned to a writer to answer. I thought as I had opportunity to answer some of these questions, I would share them in a series of posts under the label "Asking Questions". Just as an FYI, I present the questions in the form they are asked without correction of spelling or grammar.  I pray that you are encouraged.

Q--Did god kill ananis and his wife in acts 5? And if so were they unbeliever cause I don`t think god kills beliver?

A--Acts 5 does not explicitly mention God causing their deaths. However, Peter says they have not lied to men but to God. Further, in the Psalms we read "Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. (Psalm 139:16)". In other words, God is in control of when we die. This includes believers and unbelievers.

No comments: